Welcome to the Ready Rig VEGA installation tutorial! Follow along with our instructional video below to get your VEGA connected and ready to go in no time.
Step by Step Ready Rig VEGA Instructions
Welcome to the Ready Rig VEGA installation tutorial. Below, we will walk you through all of the necessary steps to get your Ready Rig and VEGA connected and ready to go. If you come across any issues, drop us a line and we’ll get you an answer as soon as possible.
ATTENTION: Follow these instructions exactly as given. Each component part is made specifically for your Ready Rig Equipment. Be careful not to fasten bolts or screws too tightly as this can strip the metal. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We are happy to assist you however we can. Thank you from all of us at Ready Rig.
We’re going to start off by opening up the box. The VEGA comes with all the tools you need to do the installation:
- #2 Phillips head screwdriver
- 7/16 wrench
- Two (2) packets of hardware
- First, take your Ready Rig GS Vest and place it on a table.
- Make sure you have all the provided tools and hardware packets nearby.
- First, remove the bungie screws.
- Next, we’re going to remove the bungies themselves and place them on the table.
- We’re going to take off the spring plunger using the 7/16 wrench. Give it a good twist and thread off with your fingers.
- Remove the cheese plate using the 532 short hex Allen key.
- Give these guys a good little twist, remove them, and be careful that the hardware doesn’t fall off.
- Remove the spacers and place them on the table.
- Starting with the two long screws, we’re going to put them through the two bottom holes on the cheese plate and put the shorter screw on the top.
- Place the new spacers on the rig and thread the screws through the spacers using your fingers to tighten slightly.
- Move on with the Allen key and tighten down.
- Next, we’re moving over to the four screws that hold on the loops.
- Use the #2 screwdriver to push down firmly and remove.
- Do this to both sides.
- Align the four holes together.
- To ensure that they’re properly aligned, place the Ready Rig chassis and use fingers to attach.
- You should see the holes lined up.
- Take a screw provided in one of the packs and thread it in lightly, but don’t tighten it down all the way.
- Move to the second screw, make sure the alignment’s good.
- Now tighten firmly.
- We’re going to do the same thing to the other side and tighten firmly on all screws.
TROUBLESHOOTING: If the holes are not aligning, separate the VEGA from the plate, insert the screws, and align the screws to the threads on the VEGA. If it starts to cross-thread, realign, and make sure that the screw is aligned perfectly. Next, move over to the Allen key and tighten down. This is going to make sure that you don’t cross-thread any of the screws.
- Finally, move over to the bungie slider plate.
- Align the holes so that they line up with the VEGA.
- Place the other screws into the two holes.
- Using the Allen key, place it through the hole on the handle and tighten down on the screws until they bottom out.
Congratulations, you’re done! Now shoot something awesome.
Again, if you happen to run into any problems or have questions about your VEGA installation, please let us know. Just shoot us an email with the details of your issue and we’ll get back to you ASAP.